Saturday, April 2, 2011

Just a little about me - Blog Party


I decided to participate in the 5 Minutes For Mom blog hop party as a way of meeting and making new friends with more of you. The whole point of their link party is to help small bloggers get a bit more exposure and  to get to know a few new people and a little about their lives. Since I have a few new readers I thought it would also be a good time to stop and talk about what me and my blog are all about.

So let's start with just a little bit about me and my life.
My name is Merrilee and I live with my husband,  my two little boys, two sassy cats, and a doggie.


 We live on the coast in Northern California, which is an interesting place to live to say the least. I am many things but most of all I am an artist,a wife, a mommy and a friend. My Husband and I are currently working on fixing up our first home by DIYing everything ourselves. Really everything! I love to show people how they too can properly educate themselves and then create their own home all by themselves. I love to create, cook, bake, play, garden, paint, sew, imagine, and come up with projects for my hunny to build me. Which brings me to the next part of my post which is what my blog is all about...

My blog began as a way for me to share my recipes, which I had a lot of requests for, and got sick of writing down for people. I so enjoyed the cathartic experience of writing these things down that my blog became more of a timeline and journal to me. A melange of daily musings, art projects, recipes and aspirations all culminating as a way for me to share my little chunk of happiness.
Because I believe there is plenty of negativity on the internet I made a promise to myself years ago to always have a positive encouraging voice. While you may hear of my follies and failures you should never have to hear me complain, as I have no business doing it anyway!


Welcome to Lilliedale, I hope you enjoy a glimpse into my personal quest to live a beautifully happy life!

Peace and baby laughter!

3 comments:

  1. Your boys are adorable! Enjoy : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Merrilee. I know I've been by before but I'm stopping in from the UBP11. Looking forward to following your blog. Hope you're having a great day.
    :)
    Jennifer
    http://alwaysinwonder.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy!

    Your kids are adorable!!

    I am so happy to have found your blog. I am stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party and this is my very first year participating and this is SO VERY exciting!! LOL

    Anyhow...please stop by my blogs and follow whenever you get the opportunity:

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    And...Jessica Lil Corner is where I am blogging about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-blog-party.html

    I welcome your visit at either or both of my blogs and hope to have you stop by and follow really soon!!

    Have a very blessed day!! :0)

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...