Saturday, October 9, 2010

I like it chalky!

here are a few progress shots of the guest room/office/woman cave and it's fabulous chalkboard wall. Thank you everybody for your opinion it really helped. As soon as I showed Jess a few photos he was super excited to do our own and he already loves it!


Mixing up the chalkboard paint. Ideally you would use flat paint but I had half a can of semi-gloss black so that's what I used. I also added some of the green wall color to the black so we would have a grayish finish to emulate slate.

mmmmm...soup!

the test patches

first coat, loving it!

I decided to keep several of the elements from the mural it was pretty easy to just paint around these mushrooms.

all finished! After painting you have to wait 24 hrs for it to cure, then you coat it completely in chalk and wipe it away to prime the surface for future creative fun

I love how the dark slate color looks with the green walls

these are my newest crafty project book page wreaths. I made this while the first coat was drying. I'll post the great tutorial I used in a few days. For now I'm off to get ready for work to the sound of Jess hanging the final cabinet in the kitchen, YAY!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I LOVE it! So awesome!!! The book page wreath is great too - I will definitely be making one of my own when you post the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete

A kind word always brightens my day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...